Do It For Them

Do It For Them
Seven reasons worth fighting for-Ben, Hannah, Emma, Molly, Katie, Grace, and Jack

Husband, Father, Son, Our Superman

Husband, Father, Son, Our Superman

Saturday, February 7, 2009

I'm a big kid now!

This morning apparently Copper aka fat dog some how knocked the shower door off its tracks. Nothing freaks me out more than a home repair, let alone one I hadn't seen Duane fix. My mom and I tried and tried, and no offense to mom but she was ready to throw in the towel, I on the other hand was DETERMINED to fix it myself! And I did! I can not tell you of the great satisfaction I felt, dare I say better than eating a fabulously made chocolate dessert.
Just yesterday I was explaining to my dear friend Brenda about how some things I was content to NOT grow in. Learning how to send a wire transfer, perfectly fine NOT knowing how! Learning how to fix a shower door, perfectly content NOT knowing how! But this morning I had to eat my words, it feels great knowing how. I feel like that little kid just learning a new task, "I'm a big kid now!", well I'm a Big Kid Now! But I will forever content NOT knowing how to set a mouse trap(way to go Jennifer P.!).
I did look up pointers and tips about shower doors jumping off the tracks, so FYI just in case it happens to you.


How to Keep a Sliding Shower Door in its Tracks

by eHow Home & Garden Editor
Introduction
Is that sliding shower door giving you a workout? Jumping the track is a problem with some less-expensive or older doors. (I found this funny that fat clumsy dogs was not included in possible reasons for door jumping) Maybe one of these simple ideas will help smooth the action, keep things on track and leave the hard work for the gym.
Instructions
Difficulty: Easy (?)

Step One
Check the rail (or track as some people or manufactures call it). The rail could be fouled with some kind of debris. (Some manufacturers provide a lubricant that is applied at installation.) This lubricant can collect grime over time, causing problems with door movement.

Step Two
Use a grease-cleaning product to fix this problem.


Step Three
Fixing corrosion may require replacement of the rail section or the entire door.


Step Four
Check the rollers themselves - sliding the door can also be hampered by problems with the rollers. Check to see whether the roller may need a drop of lubricant on its axle. Years of use can cause worn spots on the surface of the rollers, making the door difficult to move.


Step Five
See whether adjusting the track cover that comes with some models stops the problem.


Step Six
Consider replacing the entire unit - this may be the best option to get rid of an older or inferior product.


I wish it were as easy as the steps say, but it was physically challenging for me, maybe I'm a wimp, who knows.

1 comment:

Lisa said...

WAY TO GO! I'm proud of ya! You are awesome